Monday, November 15, 2010

Hayao Miyazaki tribute nails


I absolutely adore Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli films. Not only are they stunning works of art in my opinion, but they're very touching, relatable, and bring up important issues, especially concerning the environment. I've been wanting to do nails from one of the films for a while, so I ended up choosing three: My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. For once, I'm incredibly pleased with how these turned out, and I didn't have to redo any of them. I hope they last for a while, I love them. :)
I'm too tired to include a polish list since I used so many.. bad nail blogger, bad.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE! These are beautiful! I can't believe some douche claimed you photoshopped them. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nails! Totoro is so cute! I love Miyazaki films. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is incredibly moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lynn:
    Thanks bb! God, don't even get me started.. I get so pissy when people accuse me of shopping my nails, haha.

    @Stephanie:
    Thank you! Spirited Away is definitely in my top ten movies, it's so touching and magical. I wish my life was a Miyazaki movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love it! Super cute and flawless! =) Did you use nail polish or acrylic paint? What kind of brushes do you use? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fluffy:
    Thank you! :) I used nail polish for everything except the brown bits, which is acrylic paint since I don't have brown polish. I just use regular paintbrushes from the craft store that I trim/shape to be super thin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! I love the Totoro nails especially, though since they're all Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli they all rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome !! I really love this !! *O*
    I post on my blog an article concerning Miyazaki Nail Art, and I post your photo (with a link to your article). If it annoy you, please tell me :D
    I'll post it tomorrow ^^
    I'm sorry for my english, I'm french X3

    Allie
    http://alliesnails.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Allie:
    Thank you very much! I am fine with people posting my photos as long as they credit me/my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love any comments, questions, or feedback, and try my best to respond! Please be courteous and don't spam or repeatedly link back to your own blog or website. :)